Most of you are aware that when it comes to makeup, my approach is minimalistic. I would prefer a nude makeup with dark lips any day. When I do go all out, I would prefer smokey eyes.
Everyone usually prefers wearing black smokey eyes. But, with summer, I think playing with colours is such a great option to keep it fresh and vibrant. I recently attended a special makeup workshop organised by Colorbar Cosmetics in Mumbai where I got a makeover.
Colorbar Cosmetics’ makeup artist Shabnam introduced me a new palette introduced by the brand called Smokey Eyeshadow Palette. It has seven different shades which are an absolute stunner. Instead of going for a black shade, we opted for glittery blue one sticking to vibrant summer trends.
1. My face was moisturised with Colorbar Visibly Better Moisturizing Lotion.
2. Then, primed with Perfect Match Primer.
3. As my skin has a bit dark spots, two different foundations were mixed together to get the proper match. From the range, Amino Skin Radiant Foundation, the shades beige mild and sand medium were blended together to get a gorgeous shade,
4. Then, to put everything in place, Sheer Touch Mattyfying Loose Powder was applied to banishes oily-shiny areas from the skin. Such lightweight powder which gave a matte finish to the look. Added orange to the places that had dark spots.
5. Concealing is very important when you are doing full face makeup. We used a Full Cover Makeup Stick in the shade Warm Beige to hide all skin blemishes & dark circles and even out skin tone.
Then, came the part which the workshop wanted to encourage people about. Smokey eyes don’t need just black. Playing with different colours makes it look like one has taken efforts.
6. We used the Smokey Eyeshadow Palette from their collection used the glittery blue colour to get some edgy look. Each shade in the palette has a great texture, rich colour, serious staying power and amazing blending ability. The shades blend perfectly into the skin and go with every skin tone.
7. We started off with light base colour blue all over eye area. Then, applied dark blue colour on the lid and crease and started to blend it.
8. Later, highlighted the inner corner and under brows to make the look clean and custom professional look.
9. Even under eyes, we used the eyeshadow. As these colours were already working, we avoided kajal and eyeliner and the let the vibrant colours do the talking.
10. As I already have fuller, darker eyebrows, we simply filled it up with an eyebrow pencil- Stunning Brow Pencil. We then used Zoom And Whoosh Mascara that instantly combs and adds drama to your eyelashes.
11. We used very little Cheekillusion Blush in the shade in Coral Bliss shade.
12. The last part was to do the lips. As the eyes were doing all the talking, we decided to keep the lips nude. We used Definer Lip Liner in the shade Cocktail peach. Finished the lips with Diamond Shine Lip Gloss in the shade Nude coral.
13. To the finished the entire look and make it long lasting, we used Colorbar Stay the Day Finishing Mist.
You can find all the products at the Colorbar Cosmetics store or their website.
They gave some hacks and tips on how can we add a definition to our looks. All in all, I had a wonderful experience learning single look in the most simple yet effective way.